Who We Are
We are a congregation of approximately 390 members who live and worship in the town of Aldergrove, British Columbia. If you join us on Sunday morning or afternoon, you will find people of all ages united in praise, prayer and listening to the message of the Bible..
What We Believe
At the heart of our congregational life is the conviction that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and Lord. We believe that He saves us from the power of sin and guilt and rules over us by His Word and through His Holy Spirit. As we put our faith in Christ, we find forgiveness for the wrong we have done and we also discover the power to change our lives to harmonize with the will of God.
As a congregation, we make it our aim to live for Christ not just on Sunday but on every day of the week and in every part of life. We hope that the witness of our words and our life will also attract our neighbours to the salvation which God gives in Christ.
Summary of Faith in 5 Sayings
The leading convictions of Reformed churches such as ours are often summarized in five sayings:
- By grace alone. This saying emphasizes that salvation is an unearned and undeserved gift from God bestowed on believers because of what Christ did. See what the Bible says in 2 Timothy 1:9.
- By faith alone. These words express the teaching of the Bible that God’s salvation is not given to us because of our virtue but only through faith in Jesus Christ. Read what the Bible says in Ephesians 2:8-9.
- In Christ alone. This means that salvation is anchored in Christ’s sacrificial death and His glorious resurrection. In Him and in Him alone do believers have forgiveness of our sins. See what the Bible says in Titus 3:5-7.
- By Scripture alone. This slogan makes clear that the Bible alone is our authority for what we believe and for how we hould live. See what the Bible says about itself in 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- To God alone be the glory. This saying communicates the truth that God alone deserves acclaim for saving sinners. It also indicates that human beings should live for God and not for themselves. See what the Bible says in Romans 11:36.
The Aldergrove Canadian Reformed Church is a member congregation of a federation of churches called “The Canadian & American Reformed Churches”. As all of the churches in this federation we adhere to the teachings found in these doctrinal standards:
- Apostles’ Creed: This creed is called the Apostles’ Creed, not because it was written by the apostles themselves, but because it contains…
- Athanasian Creed: This creed is named after Athanasius (293-373 A.D.), the champion of orthodoxy over against Arian attacks on the doctrine of…
- Nicene Creed: The Nicene Creed, also called the Nicaeno-Constantinopolitan Creed, is a statement of the orthodox faith of the early Christian church,…
- The Belgic Confession: The first of the doctrinal standards of the Canadian Reformed Churches is the True Christian Confession. It is usually called…
- Heidelberg Catechism: The Heidelberg Catechism, the second of our doctrinal standards, was written in Heidelberg at the request of Elector Frederick III,…
- Canons of Dordt: The third of our doctrinal standards is the Canons of Dort, also called the Five Articles against the Remonstrants….